Prof. Dr. Jan Mendling ist Professor an der Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien | Wien
Prof. Dr. Jan Mendling is a Full Professor with the Institute for Information Business at Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (WU Vienna), Austria. His research interests include various topics in the area of business process management and information systems. He has published more than 250 research papers and articles, among others in ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, IEEE Transaction on Software Engineering, Information Systems, Data & Knowledge Engineering, and Decision Support Systems. He is member of the editorial board of seven international journals, member of the board of the Austrian Society for Process Management, one of the founders of the Berlin BPM Community of Practice, organizer of several academic events on process management, and member of the IEEE Task Force on Process Mining. His Ph.D. thesis has won the Heinz-Zemanek-Award of the Austrian Computer Society and the German Targion-Award for dissertations in the area of strategic information management.
- Business Process Modeling
- Business Process Management
- Process Mining
- Information Systems
- Enterprise Architecture
- Vorstand Gesellschaft für Prozessmanagement
- Vorsitzender des Leitungsgremiums der GI-Fachgruppe emisa.org
- MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on “Fundamentals of Business Process Management”
- Winner of Best Paper Award at BPM 2015 for the paper Di Ciccio, Maggi, Montali, Mendling: Ensuring Model Consistency in Declarative Process Discovery.
- Winner of Best Paper Award at ICSOC 2010 for the paper Smirnov, Weidlich, Mendling: Business Process Model Abstraction based on Behavioral Profiles.
- Winner of TARGION Science Prize for best doctoral thesis on strategic information and IT management between 2005 and 2008.
- Winner of Heinz Zemanek Award of the Austrian Computer Society for best doctoral thesis between 2006 and 2007.